Paragraph Structure Brights - Anchor Chart
This editable resource includes a breakdown of the acronyms: PEEL, TEEL and OREO. These acronyms support students in writing effective paragraphs to ensure they are making a solid point, providing examples and reasons, whilst explaining their thinking and summarising an argument.
- TEEL: topic, example, explain, link
- TEEL: topic, explain, example, link
- PEEL: point, example, explain, link
- PEEL: point, explain, example, link
- OREO: opinion, reasons, examples, opinion
- 2 x Banner options (with and without clipart)
- 4 x circle letters (acronym) and coinciding definitions and examples of what to expect when writing a structured paragraph using PEEL, TEEL or OREO
How to use this resource?
- modelled: use the pre-written paragraph on ‘sustainability’ to model expectations to students
- guided: use the editable paragraph parts to co-construct a paragraph on a topic of choice
- independent: print the co-constructed (or provided) paragraph to serve as the ultimate anchor chart