Volume 2: Infinity and Beyond - Mathematics Investigations
Volume 2: Mathematics Investigations - Infinity and Beyond
This set of 8 mathematics investigations are based on 'Infinity and Beyond'. Students are encouraged to choose a topic of interest that is designed to extend and challenge their abilities. Students engage with sustained exploration of mathematical concepts, where they are encouraged to increase their mathematically fluency and engage their reasoning skills. This task card set includes:
- a 'how to' guide when facilitating a mathematics investigation.
- 1 x 'work in progress' example to outline the expectations of a mathematics investigation.
- activities to extend breadth of knowledge.
- challenging and abstract topics.
- extension activities for all task cards.
- an emphasis on student interest through choice and voice.
Task cards to assist with 'Infinity and Beyond' include:
- Seasons and the Earth's Tilt
- Race to the Moon
- Build and Breathe - Aliens
- The Electromagnetic Spectrum
- String Communication
- Moon Movement - Tides
- Space and Size
- Choice and Voice card - students can choose an area of interest
How to complete a mathematics investigation:
- encourage research
- allow students to choose their end product (a popular end product is displaying all information on as single A3 piece of paper)
- negotiate a time frame for completion
- as the teacher, your role is to guide, monitor and direct
Disclaimer: stationery, task card boxes and A3 examples are used for prop purposes and are not included in the digital download. Gifted and Talented Teacher does not refund or exchange digital products.