Volume 2 - Mathematics Investigation Bundle
Volume 2: 48 Task Cards - Mathematics Investigations Bundle
This bundle includes:
- Mathematicians Mathematics investigations (8 Task Cards)
- 'When I Grow Up' Mathematics investigations (8 Task Cards)
- Around the World Mathematics investigations (8 Task Cards)
- Hands On Mathematics investigations (8 Task Cards)
- Infinity and Beyond Mathematics investigations (8 Task Cards)
- Wild World Mathematics investigations (8 Task Cards)
Students are encouraged to choose a topic of interest that is designed to extend and challenge their abilities. Students engage with sustained exploration of mathematical concepts, where they are encouraged to increase their mathematical fluency and engage their reasoning skills. These task cards include activities that will:
- extend breadth of knowledge.
- challenge and introduce abstract topics.
- place an emphasis on student interest through choice and voice.
Extension activities are included for each task card.
How to complete a mathematics investigation:
- encourage research
- allow students to choose their end product (a popular end product is displaying all information on as single A3 piece of paper)
- negotiate a time frame for completion
- as the teacher, your role is to guide, monitor and direct
Disclaimer: stationery and task card boxes are used for prop purposes and are not included in the digital download. Gifted and Talented Teacher does not refund or exchange digital products.
Recommended Age: Year 3 - Year 6
Not only do I love this resource but my students have really enjoyed the open mathematics investigations. This is a fabulous resource to extend my students who require enrichment activities,
This resource is brilliant. Low floor high ceiling type of task that really opens up opportunities for students to build their independent learning skills. A great way to embrace creative maths learning. A brilliant addition to my 5/6 classroom. Cannot recommend more highly